As a Kenyan businessperson, you should know the national laws regulating your type of business especially when it involves import or export.
Knowing this part of the law even at a basic level will save you from landing into legal trouble, Kenya has one of the best import & export friendly regulations in the region.
Today, we are going to provide you as our prospective shipping partner with the lists of prohibited items that you should not even think of importing to Kenya let alone smuggling them.
Below are the lists of the items containing prohibited and restricted ones.
* Illegal drugs
* Guns, explosives and ammunition – unless permission has been obtained
* Knives and dangerous hunting weapons
* Hazardous materials
* Meat and meat products
* Plant and plant products – unless permission has been obtained
* Counterfeit money and goods
* Pornographic material
* -All arms, explosives and ammunition are currently banned from entering the country unless a prior police permit has been obtained.
* A special Plant Import Permit will be required in order to import any plant or plant products into the country.
* Meat and meat products must be declared at customs and will not be permitted entry.
* Any animals being imported into the country can only travel as cargo. Cats and dogs will need a general good health certificate from the country of origin and an additional certificate less than a month old clearing the pets of Rabies. Wild birds being imported from countries currently suffering from bird flu will need a sanitary import permit to be issued by the Director of Veterinary Services.
* Other restricted items include various forms of unprepared ivory, precious metal and stones, historical artefacts, imitation firearms, children’s toys and fruit.
Duties and taxes are levied on any imported and exported goods before releasing them from Customs; except goods qualifying for special privilege according to the laws and regulations, whereby their duties and taxes are exempted.
To import any good such a car or machinery requires the engagement of a customs clearing agent.
When engaging with your preferred clearing agent ensure you always have:
The customs clearing agent is then allowed to declare the goods you are importing on the customs portal known as SIMBA.
All that being said, Nor-Salama Cargo provides an inclusive freight services with our clients.
© 2020 NOR SALAMA. All Rights Reserved | Design by Mursal Technologies Limited